12 September 2015

Pastel Dreams!

I'm not going to lie to you - the whole pastel thing is not my thing.

Until I had pink hair, wore a mint green dress and stood in front of some pastel-painted houses, of course.



I walk past these houses on Camden Road every day on my way to work, and every day I would say to myself  "Damn, what a cute location for a pastel shoot!" So armed with my photographer (read: boyfriend) and a bundle of pastel sweetness, I gave my pink hair a final goodbye to forever be immortalised in a perfect setting.


Can we all take a moment to appreciate this hair perfection?
The dress is the Caterina Swing Dress from Collectif, a mint green/light blue shirtwaist which is as soft as it is adorable. I'm a big fan of shirtwaists in general, but the shape of these suits me so well I have the navy version, too.
And my favourite part? POCKETS.



For this dress in particular I'm wearing a 22, since I found the smaller sizes to be a little too tight in the bust and sleeves (which I'm wearing tucked up because I find shorter sleeves flattering on my arms), but I find that shirtwaists always look sweet slightly blousier around the bust, thanks to the cinched-in waist.

The only thing that really irk me about this dress is that since it's 95% cotton, it sure does like to crease a lot.



As I said before when I posted my new hair colour (okay, now it's old, since I went back to red only hours after this shoot), my wardrobe isn't quite made for pink, which made putting together outfits quite difficult. Luckily white works with this look so I could kinda get away with these Miss L Fire Sundae shoes - which didn't say white for long.

Luckily, though, I have this adorable Luxulite brooch and my £2.50 charity shop bargain petticoat, which is actually Malco Modes, which adds to the outfit!



Hair Flower: Handmade
Sunglasses: Collectif
Brooch: Luxulite
Dress: Collectif Caterina Swing Dress
Petticoat: Malco Modes (charity shop score)
Handbag: Vintage Atlas (Bought in Spitalfields Market)
Bangle: Vintage Celluloid (Charity shop score)
Shoes: Miss L Fire Sundae (SS14)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips